Our Mission Statement
DAMA Central Virginia Chapter is a not-for-profit, vendor-independent, professional organization dedicated to advancing the understanding, development and practice of managing data, information and knowledge as key enterprise assets. We are dedicated to furthering the understanding of the field of data management and information management by providing educational opportunities and supporting an open forum addressing issues related to this field. DAMA Central Virginia Chapter recognizes affiliation with the DAMA International organization; and supports the DAMA International mission, goals and bylaws. The Central Virginia chapter shall be based in Virginia, but be open to members from other regions.
- Help information and data practitioners become more knowledgeable and skilled in the information and data professions.
- Influence the industry and academia in information and data practices.
- Support members and their organizations.
- Form alliances with other organizations with the similar principles.
- Provide a forum for exchange of information, problems, ideas, experiences, resources and questions.
- Sponsor conferences, workshops and special interest groups to further the purpose of the chapter.
- Provide a central repository for information relevant to the chapter’s mission